If your internet connection is disconnecting on a regular basis while trying to play or update Fallen Earth, this may indicate issues with your network hardware or software. The first thing you should do is update your network drivers. Any network adapter you're using should have drivers available, whether it is wireless or Ethernet. If this doesn't help, you can try to reset your modem/router for possible issues. Make sure you are running FEUpdater.exe as administrator (right-click and select "Run as administrator"). The programs FEUpdater.exe and frontend.exe need to be added to the exceptions list for both your firewall and anti-virus software. If you are using a router, you may have to open ports 3000-3020 and 80; please consult your router manufacturer for more information. If you continue to experience issues, you may send a report of everything you've tried along with a DXDiag to us.
Articles in this section
- How do I perform a DX Diag once prompted to do so?
- How do I improve frame-rate in both windowed and full screen mode?
- Why am I am getting "The Game is Unavailable" when trying to log in through Steam?
- What are the minimum system specs needed to play Fallen Earth?
- I received an error about not having cookies enabled when trying to set up my account, what should I do?
- How do I perform a file check to ensure all the files I have are correct?
- I received a V3D.CreateContextFailed:3 error when attempting to launch Fallen Earth, what can I do to resolve this issue?
- I received a V3D.CreateContextFailed:7 error when attempting to launch Fallen Earth, what can I do to resolve this issue?
- While trying to patch, the download freezes at the same spot no matter how many times I restart it!
- What do I do if I'm getting the error "Connection timed out, please try again later." every time I try to log into Fallen Earth?